Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Honduras 08- Part 2

Yesterday, Monday, was a good day. VBS went very well. The construction project is going smoothely, or at least as smoothely as it would in a 3rd world country, but we are having a good time.

I spoke to 14 pastors yesterday, and they seemed very attentive and excited. I was suppose to speak for 2 hours today and 2 hours tomorrow, but they have asked for me to do the rest today because gas prices are so high. So I will do 4 hours this afternoon, and then preach at church tonight. That doesn't seem to bad, except that I got very sick yesterday, and it has continued on today so far. I feel very weak, and am having some stomach trouble. What is even sadder than that is several from the team are starting to have some physical problems too. I chalk it up to the attack of the enemy because what we are trying to do is world changing and eternal. I ask that you pray for us at your every remembrance. We are stedfast and refuse to let these problems get the better of us.

In the midst of the physical discomfort, I am so excited and am preparing for today with great anticipation wanting to see God restore the "lost vision" of what His people are suppose to be doing: fulfilling the Great Commission/making disciples of all the nations.

Serving Him,
Pastor Mike

No comments: