Friday, November 19, 2010

Thursday in Vietnam

Yesterday I had a very unexpected experience.  Dr. Ewart got sick, and at the last minute I had to teach the class all day.  I feel like the Lord really did an amazing work, even if it was only in me, but I am sure that I was not the only recipient of the His grace. 

I took some things from Dr. Ewarts powerpoint and jumped in.  The subject was "the Biblical Perspective of Leadership."  We looked at and gleaned leadership principles and characteristics by looking at OT and NT leaders.  We studied Abraham, Joseph, Moses and David.  In the NT we studied the lives of Jesus, Peter in Acts 10 and the relationship between Paul and Timothy.  I had a blast.  I am looking forward to having an opportunity to teach again in the future. 

We had a great meal last night with some great leaders here, and then we walked down to see the Siagon River.  This is an amazing city, over 10 million people.  I want to give you two amazing statistics: 1) 75% of the population of the country is under 35 years old, 2) over 60% of the population is under 25.  These number represent a multitude of lost young people.  I pray that God will use us to help lead/train in the reaching of them.  Will you pray with me for the lostness of these people? 

The weekend is here and we fly home Tuesday.  I can't wait to see my girls.

One of the best experiences of the week was this morning.  Through Skype technology I was able to have our family prayer time with my girls before they went to bed.  That was awesome!

Serving Him,
Mike

No comments: