Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday in Vietnam

Today has been an interesting day. It started for me at 2:45 AM, not out of necessity but because I just woke up. I tried to go back to sleep, but by 3:30 I was just tired of laying in the bed.  I had fallen asleep at 6 PM. Woke up at 9 PM when my Melissa and the girls called me on Skype.  Went back to bed until 2:45.  I plan on staying up a little later tonight so that wake up call won't be so early in the morning.  But I did have a great time with the Father in his Word.  (Started reading Lamentations, about to finish Psalms, and am reading Proverbs through for the 3rd time this year.)  When I finished that time, I began writing a book review.  Maybe I will finish it tonight after supper.  I need to finish it and write another review while I'm here.

I have been apart of two very important conversations today.  One was with some organizational leaders, and another was with a company man.  My eyes are being opened and my mind is racing with thoughts and ideas.  The problem is that all of them are too broad for the scope of my project.  I guess I will have to make many more trips to this amazing place to complete all that is welling up in my heart. (I will have to wait until I'm home to be able to more easily express these things.)  I appreciate the people I am with who continue to bring me back into focus. 

On a different note, we went out this afternoon and did a little site seeing.  One of the most interesting things we saw was the building that housed the government of South Vietnam before it was "liberated."  It housed the President's office and living quarters, the government offices, and the military operations center during the war.  There is some fascinating history in Vietnam. There are two sides to the story, and they are very different perspectives.  I was able to take some pictures that I will post when I return to the States.  We also took an unfinished tour of a Buddist temple.  Hopefully we will finish touring it at weeks end. 

Pray for us as we begin the deal in the morning.  Pray especially for Dr. Ewart. 

Serving Him,
Mike

No comments: