Wednesday, May 07, 2008

What's New for a Christian?

I have been studying for a week now this question. It was the subject discussed during the discipleship times I am offering on Tuesday nights and Wednesday mornings. God blessed my heart during each of the two hour sessions. I am amazed at the different topics and discussions which, all being valid, stirred my heart warmly towards Christ.

Just to let you know "What's New for a Christian:"
1) We have a "new" position. We are no longer "in Adam" but are now securely "in Christ."
2) We have a "new" possession. We are told in John 15:1-11 that Christ is now "in us." We possess Christ as much as He possesses us.
3) We have a "new" product. We are to "bear much fruit."
4) We have a "new purpose. We are to "abide" in Christ for "...apart from Me, you can do nothing."

Serving Him,
Pastor Mike

No comments: