Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Last One

This coming Sunday morning I am preaching the last sermon in the series "The Characters of Christmas." I will be preaching on the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am planning on using John 1:14-18 as my focal text. Please pray as I prepare (and I will be praying too).

I am excited about our PM service as well. We are planning on showing the movie "The Nativity Story" and then singing some Christmas carols by candle light. I know that this will be a great and special time in our lives and the life of our church, please don't miss it.

Christmas is upon us, and right now it feels like Christmas time. Winter has come upon us here in Florida, and from watching a little football on Sunday it is everywhere. Melissa, Morgan and I are headed back to the Carolina's for a few days. It will be nice to see family and friends, eat, sleep and play a little golf. My father-in-law has taken up the game so I get to play twice. Once in Fayetteville and once in Pageland. This is gonna be an excellent Christmas.

One of my favorite times during Christmas is the time right before the exchanging of gifts. Our family takes an excellent gift and talk about the most excellent gift. We take a BIBLE and read the story of the earthly birth of God the Son, Jesus Christ, Emmanuel... Before we give gifts to each other we remember the gift God gave us through His Son Jesus. God gave us the gift of eternal life (John 3:16). I hope you take the time to do the same thing this Christmas with your family. It will make the time together that much more special. Have a Mary Christmas!

Serving Him,
Pastor Mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

I hope you guys have a great and blessed Christmas.

Please tell your mom, dad, and sisters I said "Merry Christmas".

Blessings,

Ed Pruitt

Life Changes said...

Mike& Melissa, Morgan,

Merry Christmas to all of the Madaris Family. Have yall a Awesome Vacation Trip home for Christmas..Also to you Happy Birthday wishes goes out to you..

Scotty S.