Friday, December 21, 2007

Are you up for it?

When I was in my first year of seminary my evangelism class was issued a challenge by Dr. Reid to read through the bible in a year. I had never even attempted it before then, but I agreed to take the challenge. I did it and have done it one other time since then. It is a great blessing to read through all of God's Word in one years time. For 2008 that will be 366 days, leap year. I am issuing a challenge to my church and to you too, are you up for it, will you commit with me to read through the entire bible in 2008? Let me know if you are willing to take the challenge.

There are "One Year" bibles in every translation if you want to do it that way. That is what I am going to do. I have a One Year bible in the NLT, and I am going to use it. It has a reading from the OT, NT, Psalm and Proverbs every day. Doing it this way you read through the OT & NT once, Psalms twice and Proverbs once a month. There are also read schedules that you can use with a bible you already have; they tell you what chapters to read each day. Do a google search and you can find one.

Merry Christmas.
Pastor Mike

No comments: