Monday, November 12, 2007

The Characters of Christmas

Today I interrupted my preaching through the Book of Romans to begin a six week sermon series on the Characters of Christmas. I have preached almost 50 messages in Romans and still have about eight more to go before completion, but God laid it on my heart to take a break and focus on Christmas.

One reason this is hard is because I live in Florida and it doesn't even really feel like Fall yet. It is still in the mid 70's during the day (it does feel really nice in the evenings). I'm from the Carolina's and it just doesn't feel like the time of year it is.

Anyway back to the Characters of Christmas. Today I focused on the Angels in my message. I don't think it was one of my better sermons, but I enjoyed the study time anyway. I talked about the purpose of the angels, the message of the angels and the joy of the angels. The big point is that we find joy when we fulfill our purpose by spreading His message.

"Be all you can BE!"
Serving Him,
Pastor Mike

No comments: