Wednesday, March 28, 2007

This is the DAY!!!

As I sit in my office on this beautiful day in Florida, the sun is shining, it's about 80 degrees outside. It is absolutely beautiful. I am reminded of what Scripture says, "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." What an awesome reminder to us who believe.

This is the day the Lord has given you and me to enjoy Him and His creation, while at the same time serving Him and those around us for His honor and glory. I believe that every day is a day to enjoy the Lord. My wife has been encouraging me to sing a song on Easter Sunday morning called "Redeemer." It was written by Nicole C. Mullin, but was recently rerecorded by the Crabb Family. As Morgan and I were riding to work this morning I listened to the song about 4 or 5 times, and was ushered into the presence of God. I love to sing, but these days it is difficult because I have become a "crier." Every time I sing, the tears begin to flow as I think of all that God has so graciously done for me. I have found that you can't sing and cry at the same time. I praying about whether to even try on Easter or not.

Life is hard. For Christians life is harder because you and I are called to go against the flow of this world. God has called us to "swim upstream." This is not an easy task. Have you ever tried to swim upstream? I remember when I was a teenager, my family went tubing in Florida. We grew up swimming and I was a strong swimmer. Somehow I was on the wrong side of the river when it was time to get out and I went past the exiting point. My dad came out to help me, but the current was strong and I was fading fast. When he got to me, he took my tube and I tried to swim back to the exiting point but was unable because the current was too strong and I was too tired. But my father could touch the bottom and he was able to get us both back.

That is how our Heavenly Father is to us. He tells us to go against the grain, but then walks with us allowing us to tap into His strength so that we can walk even when we can't touch the bottom. This is reason for rejoicing and gladness. He doesn't just tell us what to do and then sit back and watch; He actively participates in our journey, providing victory. "I was glad when they said to me..." He is there for me.

Serving Him,
Pastor Mike

No comments: