Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Psalm 116:15

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints."

I just finished the funeral of Bonnie Garrand. She was a precious member of HGBC since the late 70's. She had debilitating arthritis, and was basically bound to a wheel-chair. But she had one of the most precious spirits that I have ever seen. Her attitude was a true encouragement and blessing. She preached her own funeral by the life she lived, she made my job today very easy. She left a wonderful legacy for all who knew her to follow. I believe she loved "the Lord her God, with all her soul, mind and strength, and she loved her neighbor as herself." I know that God welcomed her home and there was rejoicing in heaven.

I wonder how God feels when He looks at us His children. I believe that apathy and complacency fill our churches beginning with leadership. There is a spirit of give me what I "deserve" more than God give me what you want me to have. Ms. Bonnie didn't have much in this world, but she loved God and she did what she could. What about you? What about me? God help us to live our lives doing what we can for you, leaning on your strength (Phil. 1:21; 4:13).

I know God has great plans in store, but are we in a position to receive them? Ms. Bonnie was a very humble person, graciously accepting God's will for her life. She was in a position to receive all that God desired for her. What about you? What about me? Will we look back on our lives already spent and see all that God had for us but was never received because we were out of position. May it never be!

Serving Him,
Pastor Mike

No comments: