Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reflecting

As I am reading through Proverbs each month during 2009, I am finding much to reflect upon or ponder. One verse God has drawn my attention to is Proverbs 12:16(HCSB), "A fool's displeasure is known at once, but whoever ignores an insult is sensible."

I've never done much reading in the Holman Christian Standard, but I'm liking it so far. What do you think about this verse, and how can you and I apply it to our lives?

I'm also reflecting on a verse I read today. Proverbs 14:1 says, "Every wise woman builds her house, but a foolish one tears it down with her own hands." I believe this verse is speaking to wife/mom about the influence she has in the home. She has the ability to give life and the ability to take it away. It's in her hands. But I think the same can be said of husband/dad. I am thinking of this not only as it bares on Morgan and Melissa, but also on the precious little girl entering our home sometime in the next few weeks. Melissa and I have the power and ability to build a strong home for our family, or we have the ability to tear it apart with our own bare hands. How foolish that would be!

May we all build STRONG homes for our families. Any thoughts?

No comments: