Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Getting Excited

As I go through life these days there are several things I am excited about.

1) I'm excited about the new baby girl that is on her way into our lives; around February 5th. I think Melissa and Morgan named her last night, but I will wait a little while longer before sharing.

2) I'm excited about what God is doing at HGBC. As we follow his path and serve others, he will do exceedingly, abundantly more than we could dream, hope for, or expect.

3) I'm now excited about the political race for president of these United States. I believe John McCain has helped his cause greatly in choosing Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate. She is pro-life, obviously, by giving birth to a son with down syndrome. And the way she is sticking by her daughter during this very difficult and public scrutiny. I also applaud McCain for standing with Palin. I almost have to assume that he knew about this before his choosing her, and they knew it before accepting the nomination. I can't wait to see what she says at RNC tonight. She is pr0-marriage: heterosexual marriage that is. She is pro-second amendment: a citizens right to own and bare arms. (I'm getting more excited as I write.) These are just a few of things I am pleased with concerning Palin. I believe November will be much more interesting now. Have fun.

Pastor Mike

No comments: