Friday, January 04, 2008

A whole New Year

WOW! 07 has come and gone. The Christmas decorations are down and put away. We have gone through the count down and in came 08. It's a whole New Year and things are back to normal. Wait a minute! Is that how it should be? Should things go back to normal. My friend Jay Forsythe wrote an interesting blog today, you can check it out at www.jayforsythe.com. He talks about the possibility of settling for the status quo or going for the extraordinary life we are to live in Christ.

One of the things I have done since we came home from Christmas is look at pictures. Melissa and Morgan look beautiful, me, there is something I noticed. I noticed that I was sucking "it" in in the pictures. I was thinking, I have never been petite or skinny, I am not as heavy as I once was, will I settle for the status quo (things as they are) or will I do something about it. Well that is still up in the air, but one thing I do know. I want to live the extraordinary life in Christ. I never want to settle for the status quo; I never want to find myself sucking it in trying to make it look like something its not. How 'bout you?

Serving Him,
Pastor Mike

No comments: