Friday, June 08, 2007

Thursday

Today has been a great day. We returned to Tegucigalpa last night, had supper and went to bed. We had a wonderful day of sight-seeing. We took a beautiful ride to this little Honduran village in the mountains to shop. (I think the women were pleased.) We got back to the hotel about 4 PM. I took a short nap, and then it was back out again for supper. We were treated to an amazing meal at a local mexican restuarant. They brought out enough food for 40 people, not an exageration, and we did our best to eat it, but barely put a dent in it. We boxed up the rest to distribute to the needy.

We had a tremendous team meeting tonight. I asked everyone to share the most important thing God has shoen them or taught them this week. It was great for me to hear each member of the team express what God has been doing in them. I can't wait for them to share this Jesus adventure with you. What a "Great Adventure" this trip has been. I pray that you will allow God to bless you on one of these exciting short term mission trips in the near future. You will never regret it for one minute.

I am sitting in the lobby alone; I think everyone has gone upstairs to pack and get to sleep. That sounds like a pretty good idea. We are flying out of Honduras at 3:30 EST. We should arrive in Miami at 5:30 EST. Our flight into Jacksonville should land about 10:30 EST. Sunday morning will be an awesome service. Each member of the team will be given an opportunity to share with the church about the trip. I pray it is contagious. God bless you.

Serving Him,
Pastor Mike

No comments: