Friday, October 30, 2009

Nov/Dec Newsletter Article

I am posting my current article for our newsletter for those who may not receive it.

To the Church at Hickory Grove,

I am writing to you for the last time in 2009. I can’t believe 2009 is almost gone. What a year it has been! But I love this time of year; fall is here and winter is coming. Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and right on it’s heals is Christmas. It’s a busy time of year, but it is such a special time as well. We have a lot of things going on, so make sure you hang on to the calendar inside so you don’t miss out on anything going on during the holiday season.

As I think of this holiday season I am draw to the realization of how thankful I am. I am thankful for the blessings God has given me in my family. Melissa is like a rock for me, and I am so thankful she has chosen to take this journey with me. There is no one I would rather walk this road with than you honey! I love you. I am also thankful for the blessings God has given me in my children. It’s hard to remember Morgan not being in our lives. She was only four months old when we came to HGBC and my how she has grown. As I write this article today, Mya turns nine months old. Time flies! She has five teeth and I’m expecting her to start running across the house any time now. I am truly a blessed man. I am thankful for the opportunity God has given me to be your pastor. He has taught me so many things, and I thank you for your patience as God continues to work on me making me into the man he wants me to be.

I am thankful for all these things and so many more, but I have saved the best for last. As this time of year quickly approaches, I am most thankful for Immanuel. I am thankful that God is not some aloof, transcendent God that can’t be known or approached. I am thankful that God is Immanuel; He is with us. But there is even something better than that. He was God among us during the time of the Old Testament. He dwelt among his people in the Tabernacle and later the Temple. While Jesus walked this earth he was Immanuel, meaning God with us. Now He is God IN US! As the old song goes, “What a difference you made in my life. What a difference you made in my life. You’re my sunshine day and night. Oh, what a difference you made in my life.”

Thank you Lord Jesus! May we never forget.
Serving Him,

Pastor Mike
Num. 6:24-26

No comments: