Saturday, August 08, 2009

II Chronicles 20

The Lord God always gives us what we need when we need it. He does this because he loves his children, and that is what he has promise he would do in his word according to Philippians 4:19 which says "And my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

I have needed him for many things over the last few months, and he has always honored his word. I have needed him for direction, and he has given it to me. I have needed him for strength, and he has supplied it. I have needed him for encouragement, and he has blessed me with it. I have needed it for power, and there has been an abundance.

Two weeks ago now I was particularly low and was searching for the Lord, and did I ever find him. I was weak and lonely; I was struggling in almost every area of my life, and I was wondering where God was in all of this. I went on FaceBook, of all places, and one of my friends had posted a single verse from the Old Testament. The verse was II Chronicles 20:17, "'You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!' Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you." I immediately got my sword out and went to the chapter because I had to know the context of the verse, although God my Father had already used it mightily in my heart.

The context is that King Jehoshaphat and the people of Judah are about to be attacked by the enemy of God: Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir (the people of). The king seeks God's face and calls for the people to fast and pray. They respond, positively, to the kings request, and because they seek God's face God answers their prayer. (See verse 17 above). They go out the next day just as God told them and see God fight the battle for them. The enemies of God are destroyed completely, and God allows the people to gather the spoils of battle. God blesses them so much that it takes them three (3) days to gather all that God has blessed them with because the obeyed the Lord their God.

God has given me a great peace in the middle of all the turmoil of my life. Once again God has reminded me that he will be my defender; he will fight the fight for me if I will obey him and seek his face. I will trust in the Lord God my defender! I will trust him with my life. I will lead his people to follow his path, but I will not force them to follow him. And in the end I am at peace knowing that I have done what he has called me to do.

Serving Him and no other,
Mike

No comments: