Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Just a Reminder

As a pastor I, unfortunately, have times in my life when difficulties arise in my church and ministry. Problems are never fun or easy and often they are very painful. When I find myself in circumstances of this nature I often turn to the words of Paul as he wrote to his young preacher boys. In 1 Timothy 3:1 I find great encouragement, "This is a faithful saying, If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work." It is a good work that God has called me to. He never said it would be easy. The ministry is often like a rose garden, it is very beautiful, but it does have thorns. God bless you.

Serving Him,
Mike

7 comments:

Writer said...

Mike,

I know of what you speak. I heard Henry Blackaby once say, "Why should we be surprised when sheep act like sheep?"

Hang in there. Something better is coming.

Les

Jeremy Green said...

Mr. Madaris,

Please know that you, your wife and baby girl, and your church are in my prayers. God will prove faithful in whatever situation you face and He will see you through. You are a true friend, a loving husband and father, and a true man of God. God bless you my brother!!!

In Christ,
JLG

Scott Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott Smith said...

Mike,

God has a place in your heart.
He placed you to serve as our
pastor at Hickory Grove Baptist.
people are coming each sunday to
hear you preached the gospel of
christ. were starting to grow
each week, I am blessed each
time when I am there.. I am
greatful to have you as my
Pastor & good friend...

May God Bless
Scotty

Tim Rogers said...

Brother Mike,

I am on vacation but still look over the blogs.

That comment from Scotty should encourage you beyond measure. I know it does me. If I had a church member that would comment on my blog as he has you I would pick up water pistols and charge Hell.

Blessings,
Tim

Pastor Mike said...

Thanks for the prayers and encouraging words. They mean a great deal to me. God bless and Merry Christmas.

Serving Him,
Mike

Scott Smith said...

Mike,

Word of encouragement means a great
deal in your life. I hope you will
be keeping on serving at Hickory Grove Baptist Church, as long as the lord will leads you....